Aza Holmes, My new dream girl ?

Is she?

Hey ya'll.

I am super excited. God, I wish I had some better adjectives to devour feelings with you guys. 

The main reason is John Green's new novel. YAYYY!!! Since the novel has created some wide happy waves among the YA fans, I particularly didn't happen to had time to focus on it. But after I did, I can stop the feeling of being freaking excited. To quote Stephen Chbosky, I feel infinite.



So, The new novel of John Green is named Turtles all the way down. The protagonist name is, My-to-be-dream-girl Aza Holmes. Since John Green is very good at writing about Young adult fiction, I bet this will also be good. John Green's characters, particularly, the female characters exhibit a different outlook on the thing which doesn't interest us most. So this blog is all about me confessing my secret crushes on them. God, I wish they were all real. ;) 


I love Alaska Young in Looking for Alaska, She is bold. She smokes a lot. She loves sex. She's an exception from us all. Alaska's a complicated creature. And she wants complicated things, some of which are clear and some that she would never ever in a million years announce. Alaska remains a perpetual mystery in that book. She's also the most complex character, though her life ends in tragedy. To quote Alaska, my favorite quote of the book,

"'If people were rain, I was a drizzle and she was a hurricane.'"

I love Lindsey Lee Wells in An Abundance of Katherines, Lindsey Lee Wells off as a girl who reads Celebrity Living—a.k.a. a nitwit—but she's much more than a girl with a stellar smile and metallic fingernails. I am a big fan of her for this quote,

"I'm never myself. [...] I'm nothing. The thing about chameleoning your way through life is that it gets to where nothing is real."



I love Margo Roth Spiegelman in Paper Towns. Margo Roth Spiegelman is the girl who "loved mysteries so much that she became one" and while in school, she seems intent to be the manic pixie dream girliest of them all. She is bold and beautiful. She wants to do any risks for the sake of adventure. 

"Margo was not a miracle. She was not an adventure. She was not a fine and precious thing. She was a girl."

"To find Margo Roth Spiegelman, you must become Margo Roth Spiegelman".

I really like her for this one, After playing a great prank on all of Margo's friends who betrayed her, Quentin sighed and said, “My heart is really pounding," and Margo replies, "That's how you know you're having fun". 



And finally my favorite, Hazel Grace Lancaster of The Fault in our stars. Hazel has cancer. This is a girl who has no illusions about her state of health. Hazel knows that even though she's on a drug that keeps her tumors in check, she'll never be your typical teenage cheerleader. She's also not sitting around feeling sorry for herself. She doesn't talk about her illness in lurid, self-pitying detail at all; instead, she tackles it with a healthy dose of humor:

"I didn't tell him that the diagnosis came three months after I got my first period. Like: Congratulations! You're a woman. Now die."

 Hazel seriously doesn't care what's in and cool anymore—she just knows what she likes. What she likes may be sitting around and watching reality TV shows with her parents, but at least she's being true to herself. To be true, I fell in love with Hazel grace, just like you fell asleep, Slowly and then all at once.
So, the protagonist of Turtles all the way down is named Aza Holmes.  I don't know anything about her until I read that book. But, I wish she could be as awesome as like her precursors. I don't whether she loves death as Alaska Young, I don't know she is innocent as Lindsey Lee Wells, I don't know if she will be mysterious as Margo Roth Spiegelman or as cute as Hazel Grace Lancaster. But I wish she would be. So that I could get a new John Green character that I could brag and make my girlfriend go crazy!!  LOL!

Sayonara!

-----------------------------------------------------------
Looking for your support and cheers!
If you have missed reading my previous post, Click here
You can contact me by email, dftba05@gmail.com
Find me on Tumblr and Goodreads.



Comments

Popular Posts