Spoilers

This has spoilers.


In this stupid life we have, we have so little time to tell what we feel. At times, there are some situations which we cannot even tell what we are feeling. I got those situations in my life many times.

I got stressed up, find a way to get away from there. If I did and If I had any time after that stressed-up situation, I will straightly dive right in to the movies. I use movies as a way to escape the labyrinth of the present. I always believed, movies are the ultimate things like books that could takes us lands, languages, religions, regions, sex, and perspectives away.

Movies always shaped me. I defined me Who I am or I'd rather say, What I am. So, I thought, Why don't  I confess about the movie that shaped me the most. The movie which gets me ecstatic every time I saw, no matter how much.

Silver Linings Playbook.



Before telling you about this movie. I want to tell you about the movies based on a book. Many people are thinking books are cheap made movies now-a-days. But trust me, Nothing can empathise you like a damn book.

I know that some great books are made into a terrible, terrible movies.
Wait, I am not talking about "The Golden Compass ".   :/

I know some books which are made into a movie of all time.

Yup. I am talking about "Silver Linings Playbook".  :)

This movie is based on a book written in the same name by Matthew Quick.

Bradley Cooper (Patrick Solitano) and Jennifer Lawrence (Tiffany Maxwell) played the lead role. Pat had came from a mental hospital as he was suffering from Undiagonised Bipolar . The reason for his illness and that fucked up situation was, his wife, name is Nikki, she cheated on him, by having sex with a history teacher

Wow! That's how messed up Pat was. While the story was moving, Pat met Tiffany. Tiffany was a widower. She got fired a week ago for sleeping with all the other fellow co-workers in the office before she met Pat . From the beginning of the movie Pat noticed something in Tiffany's eyes. He didn't know what it was, he thought it was lust, since Tiffany was quite known around the neighbourhood for those things. He once refused when Tiffany offered him sex.



Yup, That's a garbage bag he was wearing. He used to wear them a lot, to quote Pat, he wears them "To sweat" more. With that he used to have a run to Tiffany's neighbourhood, his previous employer and his friend's house.

Anupham Kher (Dr. Cliff Patel) was Pat's therapist, he was the one who suggested Pat to be nice with Tiffany, cause Tiffany was still maintaining a relationship with Pat's wife, Nikki, who had cheated him.



Pat moved on nice with Tiffany, He asked her to give a letter to Nikki, To prove who he was, What he was going through. Tiffany said yes, but expected Pat to dance with her as a partner in a dance competition. Pat did that for the sake of the letter to Nikki.



Meanwhile many things. Things get fucked up. Pat ran into a fight. Bad things like that.



At the end, Pat and Tiffany participated in that competition where Nikki came too, they scored points, they got excited. After finished his performance, he met Nikki, whispered something on her ears. Meanwhile, realising what will happen next Tiffany ran away from him, realising that her love for Pat was gone, because he finally met Nikki. But, Pat found Tiffany and gave her a sweet letter, which Tiffany thought meant for Nikki. Tiffany opened it and read.

Pat Solitano revealed his love for Tiffany. A Silver Lining right at the end.



Now back to me.

This movie is 5 years old. It gave Jennifer an Academy Award. The reason that this is my favourite movie of all time is...

From the first scene of the movie itself, Pat is getting ready for his wife, he has been working out, reduced some weight and startes taking life positively.














EXCELSIOR, As he used to address himself. He is full of energy and positiveness. All the people around him, wants to help him. His dad, Patrizio Solitano Sr, played by Robert De Niro, has been the most supportive person for Pat even though his son nearly beat him to death once at the middle of a night. His mother, his brother, his friend Danny (Chris Tucker) and Ronnie, Ronnie's wife as well as Tiffany's sister Veronica, everyone know that Pat was a bad-ass, a maniac, but they still wants to help him.

Pat, too, knows what he is going through. He often lost himself, when his wedding song (Stevie Wonder's "My Cherie Amour") was playing. At times he hears that song when it's not even playing. Nobody suggested him a way out of it, not even his therapist, but Tiffany. She is the one who was there, where lost himself. When he get baffled when a group of people surrounded him at the middle of a road.



Right through the movie, Tiffany, Pat's Parents, his friends, someone was there, when Pat needs someone. But, he won't be there when others need his presence. He was not there when his father wanted him have his lucky handkerchief to keep the Phil Eagles' lucky winning streak going on. He wasn't there for dance practise at Tiffany's garage when she needed him, instead he ran into a fight at the Eagles Stadium along with his therapist and his brother.

This film got everything. The Plot was based in Philadelphia. We have our hero, running every morning around the neighbourhood of Tiffany in a garbage bag. A fantastic cinematography, A perfect direction by David. O. Russel. A great cast and crew. Overall, A brilliant adaptation of the Matthew Quick's original novel with the same name.

Above all, the characters, Pat, who also hates Ernest Hemingway just like me (LOL!), Tiffany, Pat's dad who was really obsessed with Philadelphia Eagles, Pat's Mother, who is on the verge of crying every time, who is so fragile, Pat's friend Ronnie who is experiencing immense pressure with his job, wife and his new born baby and even Tiffany's parents were also great with their expression that what will happen to Tiffany after Tommy (Tiffany's dead husband).

But they were always there for Pat even though he didn't care what they are saying. Right at the end of the movie, when Tiffany ran away from Pat. Pat follows her and gave her a letter. That is the first he did something unselfish. Wow! That's where I lost myself. There was some nuanced romance that took everyone of our hearts away. Maybe, I think that's where Jennifer took her step to the Oscar. They both now that they were crazy. Pat made that moment crazy. So does Tiffany.



Silver Linings Playbook is not about second chances; It is about chasing a dream you never realised you wanted your entire life. It is not about moving on, it is about moving forward to a healthier you. I don't know how much more inspired someone can aspire to be.

The one thing which I can't forget about the movie is, right at the end Pat says to Tiffany, "The only way to beat my crazy was by doing something even crazier. Thank you. I love you.

Overall, It is a ubiquitous amalgamation of inspiration, through love, empathy and compassion.


Sayonara!


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looking for your support and cheers!

If you have missed reading my previous post, Click here

You can contact me by email, E-mail me.

Find me on Tumblr and Goodreads.

Comments

Popular Posts